The 21 day smoothie diet plan devised by Drew Sgoutas has become really popular and widely discussed among different people, especially those who are particularly interested in improving their health and well-being. Besides, this dies appears in a wide range of variations. The underlying principle of this diet is that it helps people substitute their regular meals, which are not always healthy, with smoothies that will not only prove to be favorable to the gastrointestinal tract as a whole but will also serve as a rapid weight loss program. A great asset of this program is that it is not detrimental to people`s health despite the fact that it is really effective when it comes to weight loss.
However, as with any weight loss program, one should carefully investigate all the details. To make sure that the smoothies are helpful in the process of losing weight, you need to make the diet well-balanced and prepare your body to this detox program. Moreover, you need to carefully study what ingredients are good for you, how they can be combined in order to prove to be effective, and how you should structure the overall eating plan of yours in order to feel the difference.
FAQs about Smoothie Diet
What is it?
A smoothie diet is a type of detox program presented by Drew Sgoutas, who has created a smoothie menu for 21 days alongside with the recipes and shopping lists.
Is the smoothie diet good for weight loss?
Definitely, when eating smoothies and cutting down on the overall number of calories, you will lose weight.
Are there any harmful effects?
Actually, there is nothing to worry about if you are not allergic to any smoothie components. All the ingredients are natural and beneficial for the overall well-being. Still, if you are worrying about it, consult your family doctor or dietitian.
Why is the diet useful?
You will go through a detox program that will help you get rid of different harmful elements in your organism. Moreover, you will restore your energy balance.
Benefits of the Program
The program will be beneficial in terms of improving your overall health state and reducing your weight. Nonetheless, the creator of the smoothie diet plan, Drew Sgoutas, is not a certified dietitian but a health coach, so keep it in mind before starting these smoothie weight loss programs. If you have some concerns with health or any other troubles and you are worried whether the smoothie diet for weight loss is safe for you, try to consult your doctor or dietitian first. Sgoutas has also written a book entitled «The Smoothie Diet», so if you are interested to know more details as well as to hear feedbacks from those who have tried it out, be sure to find a 21 day smoothie diet review online. The e-book contains 36 different recipes for smoothies, where different ingredients appear in a variety of combinations. Apart from recipes, you will also find there specific shopping lists, which will make the purchasing process quicker and more efficient. If you want to specifically focus on dieting and losing weight, there is also a program designed for those who are ready to substitute all three daily meal intakes with smoothies.
How It Works
According to the smoothie diet plan, you will have to substitute two meals with smoothies. The third meal is up to your choice: you can substitute it with a smoothie as well (if you want quick results) or you can opt for some low-calorie meal. The author of the program also provides an option of a «cheat day» once a week, where you can eat something else but for smoothies. Still, it is essential that you follow his advice concerning the recommended list of products. One of the great assets of the smoothie diet is that you can repeat it at any time once again. So, this 21-day cycle is not the only one possible.
When you read through the smoothie diet reviews, you will get to know that the main ingredients for the smoothies are vegetables, fruits, some greenery as well as healthy fats and proteins. The main thing to keep in mind is that you should not consume high-calorie foods and products. Some snacks and random rating would not serve you good when you want to lose weight. If you are allergic to some products, make sure to consult with your doctor prior to taking the diet.
- The essential products for the diet are vegetables and fruits. It means that your diet will be rich in nutrients and so you will not suffer from undernourishment.
- It will not take much time for you to make smoothies as they are easy and quick to make.
- They are delicious so that you would not suffer from being on a diet.
- The e-book provides specific shopping lists so that you would not suffer from overthinking what to buy and what ingredients are needed for a smoothie.
- This smoothie diet program is particularly convenient for people who are always busy and on-the-go. So, be sure that you will not have to spend days in the kitchen cooking.
- You do not have to focus on counting calories and tracking down the pros and cons of each product. It has already been done for you – the recipes and the weight loss product list are provided.
- You can repeat the program after you have tried it once.
- The ingredients provided in the cooking lists and recipes are not hard to find.
- Th smoothie diet will help you eradicate different diseases and even prevent the risk of diabetes or cardiovascular diseases.
- When you buy the program, you get a money reimbursement guarantee, according to which you can get your money refunded in case you are not satisfied with the result.
- The majority of smoothie recipes are low in protein and fats. If you value protein diet and you consider the lack of protein to be detrimental to your health, so be sure to find sources of protein. According to general recommendations, people should consume at least 50 grams of proteins per day. So, if you hesitate is smoothie diet safe for you, make sure to consult some professional who will help you with that. If you substitute your meal intakes with smoothies, double-check whether each smoothie contains fats carbohydrates, and proteins.
- When you eat smoothies on a daily basis, take into consideration that thay contain little fat and more carbs. However, they lack in lean protein, which aids in growing muscles. So, to enrich them in protein, try adding chia seeds or flax.
- Smoothies contain a relatively high amount of sugar since they contain a lot of fruits. Despite the fact that smoothies are rich in vitamins and nutrients due to the fact that they contain a lot of fruit, it at the same time means that they also have high amounts of sugar. Since some people like to add sweeteners such as ahava syrup or honey, they also contain added sugar apart from the naturally occuring one.
- It is rather time-consuming to make two or three smoothies per day since each time you are recommended to prepare a fresh smoothie. Moreover, if you are on the go the whole day, it may be hard for you to prepare fresh smoothies without a blender.
The e-book gives you a plethora of ideas for preparing smoothies during your 21-day diet. However, if you are interested in the ultimate result, specifically weight loss, keep in mind that you need to adhere to the strict proportions. So, the first thing to implement in your life is to take up this habit of drinking smoothie every day if you want to maintain healthy life balance and well-being. Try not to have more than one lazy day when it comes to eating something less healthy. If you want to stay healthy, do not make frequent weight loss mistakes.
When it comes to the recipes and the very process of preparing smoothies, be sure to use different fruits and berries. One of the best mix of them is strawberries, apples, and blueberries as these are rich in antioxidants. It is also essential to add some greenery and herbs, for example, you may include kale or spinach.
If you want not only to start eating healthily but also to lose weight, do not waste your time and download the electronic recipe book and head for your kitchen.